Friday, April 22, 2011

7 Weeks


Jake on Thursday, 7 weeks old, in his new "baby sitter." It's really called that! We returned the swing in favor of this more portable bouncer. He really likes it! Wednesday was a big day for us, as I returned to work and he went to my dear friend Jen's house with Reid. He did just fine, and so did I. :-) I was really not looking forward to it (and it's just one day a week, but still a big change for me because I've always been home full time with all of our kids up till now), but it was really nice to be back at the clinic. I have been working from home in small pockets of time, and it really felt great to have a day at the clinic to focus just on work.



Sydney has been making newspapers for our family and some neighbors. Here are a couple:
This one is complete with a joke and a birth announcement. The part about Jake says he has the smallest, sharpest nails. :-)


This one has her advice column"Answer Elyse," in it. She has a box set up in the kitchen for us to put our life problem questions in. I wrote one about feeling bad that I couldn't eat dairy, and made a point that I couldn't have cream cheese & jelly sandwiches because she likes them so much. (The part she mentions about ketchup is because around this time of year, her allergies make her break out when she eats tomatoes, strawberries, citrus). Ethan put a problem in her box that he needed gum and someone to work in his store that he has set up in his room.

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

Your kids bring smiles to my face- they are so cute and funny!! I'm glad you are enjoying working- I was shocked to find that I was a better wife/mother and the kids were thriving, once I started working full-time! God is good!