Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sydney & Ethan's Recent Funnies

Ethan and Sydney keep us laughing with what they say and do. Some of the things they say are just too funny not to share. Here are a few of their recent comments.

E: Mommy, can you help me get my jammie shirt on?
M: Sure.
E: I can't get it on cause I got this big ol' head!

Jeff was on his way out the door to go to work this morning. I told the kids to thank him for going to work.
Sydney: Thank you for going to work Daddy!
Ethan: Daddy! Thank you for paying money for us!

E: Sydney was scared, so I had to calm her down.
M: How did you do that?
E: With a rattle. (pause) You use a rattle to calm a baby.
M: Sydney's a big girl. What do you use to calm a big girl?
E: A big rattle.

I was explaining the primaries to Sydney. She said, "Oh, so it sounds like a game. Like if there was a football game and Davidson County beat Clemson."

The kids sometimes call Reid "Rudy." Sydney said Rudy is short for Reid. I told her that it is actually short for Rudolph. Later that day when Reid was napping, she said, "Rudolph is asleep in his crib."

Sydney drew Ethan a birthday card with a picture of 2 kids and a toy between them. She sweetly said, "Ethan, I know you like to grab, so I drew a picture of you grabbing a toy from me."

Sydney: Reid is the cutest little seed in the garden.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those are hilarious!!! I love it:)