Sunday, December 4, 2011

Go Redeemer Rams!

Sydney started cheering for Redeemer this fall. It's for all 3rd-5th grade girls who want to participate and she's had a great time so far. She cheered at the school's first basketball game last week, and here is a video. I love the "knock you out" cheer!
It's been good for Sydney to have time with girls, especially some older girls. I think it gives her a break from living in boy world here at home. She initially was interested in cheering because, "I like to jump, yell, and wave my arms around...so cheerleading is the thing for me!" But it's going a lot deeper than that as she learns to trust and encourage her teammates. I'm excited to watch her throughout the season as she continues to learn and grow.

2 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Addie is going to love this post- she is going to start cheering for i9 in January! She totally convinced her teachers that she WAS a cheerleader for her zoned school- and she hasn't ever cheered before! I look forward to her learning some valuable lessons, too!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! She is growing up!! ..so beautiful. Congratulations on baby #4. He is amazing. I love Sydney's comment about one rose and 3 thorns....hahahaha...hilarious!! Merry Christmas and much love to you and your amazing family. (btw, I'm LOVING homeschooling this year!!!)