Friday, August 7, 2009

End of Week Presentation & Celebration

One thing I want to do is instill confidence in my children with public speaking. I also want to celebrate their hard work and accomplishments in our home school. So at the end of each week, I have the children present one or two things they have learned or memorized to the family. After our presentation, we celebrate with a special dessert. Today it was milkshakes!

My mom is here today, so she was able to join the audience. Ethan presented the three sounds he learned this week and a portion of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. Sydney presented the whole of the aforementioned scripture as well as the poem Caterpillar by Christina G. Rosetti.

Reid was napping while we had our presentations, but he did enjoy a banana when he awoke!



2 comments:

Elsie Hall said...

Melanie-Those videos were so precious!

Beverly said...

What a terrific idea! I think I will steal that one!!!

Have fun w/ those sweeties, melanie.