Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Reid!

Reid turned 5 this month too! For his party, we did a pirate theme. I did not make a cake this year. This was the first party I've never baked or had Jeff's mom bake a cake. Since Grammy wasn't going to be here for this party, and I didn't want to try to bake a pirate ship cake, we opted for ice cream sundaes! They were a huge hit! This was a fun party to plan because Reid really got involved in the planning. So did Sydney and Ethan. I couldn't have pulled it off without those 2!
Reid & I made pirate ships out of cardboard boxes. 
We made cannon balls out of crumpled up magazine pages and covered them with tin foil.
It was such a windy day, and taping these boxes together and getting them to stand up was close to impossible. I don't think I could have done it without Ethan's initiative, good ideas and help!
 The kids enjoyed throwing cannon balls at each other!
 Pirates!
 The boys really got into the Pirate Pete book!

 Sydney made a Pin The Key On The Treasure Chest game
 Of course, the trampoline was a big hit. Thanks Grammy & Papa!
 We gave Reid a new bike helmet for his gift.
Dinner at Riverbirch and more ice cream! (Be sure to read my below post on the dangers of sugar :-) )

No comments: