Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Easy Bake Disappointment

Well, Ethan managed to save up his money for the desired Easy Bake Oven, so we went to Toys R Us today to buy it. It ended up being a disappointment to him. The pans are so small, and it took about 1.5 hours to make 4 little gluten free chocolate cakes! He thought the whole oven would be the size of a play kitchen, so for it to be small, and for the pans to be so tiny was a big let down. He said he wants to return it. I think he's just happier baking in the real kitchen.

It reminds me of a let down I had as a kid. I was a huge Annie fan (remember her and Miss Hanagan?). My mom one night called me down to see her with such excitement in her voice- she had found an Annie section in the big Sears catalog!!!! There was never a 2nd grader more excited than I was! When we opened to the page it was supposed to be on, it wasn't Annie at all...it was Arnie... Arnold Palmer, the golfer, had a line of clothing for Sears.

I have to say this was a let down for me too. I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven as a kid, but I never had one, so I was almost as excited as Ethan was about this. Now he has a wad of money and he's not sure what he wants when he returns the oven. I think when I take him back to Toys R Us, I will take him by himself, because I know it will take him a long time to figure out how to burn that money!

No comments: